The McMillin Group & Company and its affiliates (“The McMillin Group” or “we”) provides its content on The McMillin Group.com (the “Site”) subject to the following terms and conditions (the “Terms”). We may periodically change the Terms, so please check back from time to time. These Terms were last updated on January 1, 2011. By accessing and using this Site, you agree to these Terms. For an explanation of The McMillin Group’s practices and policies related to the collection, use, and storage of our users’ information.
All content and functionality on the Site, including text, graphics, logos, icons, and images and the selection and arrangement thereof, is the exclusive property of The McMillin Group or its licensors and is protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. All rights not expressly granted are reserved.
The trademarks, service marks, designs, and logos (collectively, the “Trademarks”) displayed on the Site are the registered and unregistered Trademarks of The McMillin Group and its licensors. You agree that you will not refer to or attribute any information to The McMillin Group or its licensors in any public medium (e.g., press release, Web sites) for advertising or promotion purposes, or for the purpose of informing or influencing any third party and that you will not use or reproduce any Trademark of, or imply any endorsement by or relationship with, The McMillin Group or its licensors.
Use of site content
The McMillin Group hereby grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable license for the term hereof to access and download, display, and print one copy of the content and functionality displayed on the Site (the “Site Content”) on any single computer solely for your internal, business use, provided that you do not modify the Site Content in any way and that you retain all copyright and other proprietary notices displayed on the Site Content. You may not otherwise reproduce, modify, distribute, transmit, post, or disclose the Site Content without The McMillin Group’s prior written consent.
You acknowledge and agree that The McMillin Group shall own and have the unrestricted right to use, publish, and otherwise exploit any and all information that you post or otherwise publish on the Site in postings, survey responses, and otherwise, and you hereby waive any claims against The McMillin Group for any alleged or actual infringements of any rights of privacy or publicity, moral rights, or rights of attribution in connection with The McMillin Group’s use and publication of such submissions. You covenant that you shall not post or otherwise publish on the Site any materials that
- Are threatening, libelous, defamatory, or obscene;
- Would constitute, or that encourage conduct that would constitute, a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate law;
- Infringe the intellectual property, privacy, or other rights of any third parties;
- Contain a computer virus or other destructive element;
- Contain advertising; or
- Constitute or contain false or misleading statements. The McMillin Group does not and cannot review all information posted to the Site by users and is not responsible for such information. However, The McMillin Group reserves the right to refuse to post and the right to remove any information, in whole or in part, for any reason or for no reason.
Notices of infringement and takedown by The McMillin Group
The McMillin Group prohibits the posting of any information that infringes or violates the copyright rights and/or other intellectual property rights (including rights of privacy and publicity) of any person or entity. If you believe that your intellectual property right (or such a right that you are responsible for enforcing) is infringed by any content on the Site, please write to The McMillin Group at the address shown below, giving a written statement that contains:
- Identification of the copyrighted work and/or intellectual property right claimed to have been infringed.
- Identification of the allegedly infringing material on the Site that is requested to be removed.
- Your name, address, and daytime telephone number, and an e-mail address if available.
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the use of the copyrighted work and/or exercise of the intellectual property right is not authorized by the owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and, under penalty of perjury, that the signatory is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the right that is allegedly infringed, and
- The signature of the intellectual property right owner or someone authorized on the owner’s behalf to assert infringement of the right. The McMillin Group will remove any posted submission that infringes the copyright or other intellectual property right of any person under U.S. law upon receipt of such a statement (or any statement in conformance with 17 U.S.C. ? 512(c)(3)). U.S. law provides significant penalties for submitting such a statement falsely. Under appropriate circumstances, persons who repeatedly submit infringing or unlawful material will be prohibited from posting further submissions. The McMillin Group’s contact for submission of notices under this Section 5 is: Legal Department, The McMillin Group & Company, Inc., 55 East 52nd Street, New York, New York 10022.
THE CONTENT AND FUNCTIONALITY ON THE SITE IS PROVIDED WITH THE UNDERSTANDING THAT THE MCMILLIN GROUP IS NOT HEREIN ENGAGED IN RENDERING PROFESSIONAL ADVICE AND SERVICES TO YOU. ALL CONTENT AND FUNCTIONALITY ON THE SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS,” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE MCMILLIN GROUP AND ITS THIRD-PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS MAKE NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE OWNERSHIP, ACCURACY, OR ADEQUACY OF THE SITE CONTENT. THE MCMILLIN GROUP SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY INFORMATION PUBLISHED ON LINKED WEB SITES, CONTAINED IN ANY USER SUBMISSIONS PUBLISHED ON THE SITE, OR PROVIDED BY THIRD PARTIES. NEITHER THE MCMILLIN GROUP NOR ITS THIRD-PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OR FOR LOST REVENUES OR PROFITS, WHETHER OR NOT ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR LOSSES AND REGARDLESS OF THE THEORY OF LIABILITY.
Third-party web sites
Governing law; jurisdiction
These Terms are governed by the laws of the State of New Jersey without reference to the principles of conflicts of laws thereof.